Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve
The infection prevention department is part of the system support office, responsible for all CMS mandated HAI reporting, state mandated communicable disease reporting, hand hygiene compliance, infection prevention rounds, construction risk assessments, education and regulatory readiness. Clusters/outbreaks of infectious diseases are investigated and control measures instituted to prevent the spread of further infection. Infection prevention staff facilitate and participate in multiple quality improvement processes and provide expertise to multiple forums (product value analysis, disinfection of medical equipment). This department supports all acute care facilities and associated ambulatory settings. In addition, consultative services are provided to our long term, ambulatory and at home partners.
The Infection Preventionist responsible for the development of an effective infection prevention program. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Consult and collaborate with the local Infection Control Committee, Hospital Epidemiologist and System Director of Infection Prevention on the annual planning and implementation of an effective hospital-wide Infection Prevention Program which complies with established state and federal standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Implements infection surveillance activities according to the annual risk assessment and infection prevention plan. Utilizes established NHSN criteria for surveillance through use of multiple data sources – i.e. laboratory, patient records, post-discharge surveillance, etc.
• Routinely reports on results of surveillance activities, current problems/issues/investigations/special projects related to infection prevention issues and follow-up on previous recommendations. Information is presented to various stakeholders – i.e. Executive Leadership, Quality Management, Clinical specialties.
• Responsible for the development and ongoing review/revision of policies/procedures/protocols and guidelines with approval by the Infection Control Committee. Collaborates with responsible individual(s) to facilitate establishment, implementation/revision and adherence to infection prevention policies.
• Provides education to personnel consistent with national, regulatory and professional guidelines. Provides special education on Infection Prevention topics as needed, with content appropriate to staff and teams.
• Performs inspection rounds on all areas of acute care facilities and affiliated ambulatory sites to assess compliance with regulatory standards related to Infection Prevention. Venues include other locations as assigned. Provide feedback for staff on identified problems or policy compliance issues.
• Evaluates new products from an infection prevention perspective by conducting product trials and evaluations to ensure cost is measured against effectiveness of product in it use in infection prevention. Assists in evaluation of all products regarding ability to adequately clean/disinfect product as per manufacturer’s instructions versus established infection prevention standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Medical Technology, Microbiology, Allied Health or RN required. Masters of Nursing or other related field is preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Certified or licensed and currently registered to practice as a clinical professional in the state of Connecticut.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.