Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Health Navigator provides navigation to patients of the Connecticut Early Detection Prevention Program, also provides assistance to clinical navigators, site coordination, and case management across HHC. The responsibilities of the Health Navigator include but, are not limited to the following:
• Develop, identify, track and conduct navigation to patients who would benefit from coordination of care approach based on established patient identifiers. Identify high-risk patients and manage them with the goal of improving quality and reducing staff efforts. Ensure patients receive testing and treatment in timeframes given by DPH and follow-up with appropriate resources identified.
• Serve as a liaison between the contracted provider and its subcontractor(s) to ensure effective and efficient program operations.
• Develop collaborative relationships with all organizations and programs serving the target population as well as with key leaders in the area where outreach efforts will are conducted.
• Work collaboratively with CEDPP team to provide DPH with monthly and tri-monthly reporting. Ensures that progress and expenditure reports are complete and submitted on time.
• Offer on-site testing and provide health coaching.
• Work collaboratively with DPH staff, the Project Director and Outreach Educator, to ensure all program components, policies, and contracted mandates are being met.
• Educates all clients regarding the importance of screening and regular screening intervals. Ensure case management services are offered and provided to those clients who have abnormal results, as specified, and need case management to facilitate care.
• Documents all assessments, patient interactions, and physician interactions, including all education-related encounters. Utilize documentation tools such as the Web Database and EPIC to ensure accurate, concise, and consistent documentation. Obtain, coordinate, and submit complete and accurate patient data for services rendered by the provider and its subcontractor(s) by data submission guidelines.
• Ensure patients receive testing and treatment in timeframes given by DPH and follow-up with appropriate resources identified.
•Or, HS diploma with 10 years plus experience in this position in lieu of degree
•Three or more years of experience working in community health with bachelor’s degree
•Ten years plus experience with HS diploma or equivalent.
•Proficient in speaking and writing in English as well as Spanish
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.