St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Supervises the daily activities of supply and inventory control staff.
• Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
Provides leadership, orientation, training, and mentoring. Assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
• Monitors dispatch activities, making adjustments to ensure timely and quality deliveries. Observes and enforces quality assurance program standards.
• Confirms accuracy of inventory by reviewing counts, signing off on final counts and performing random
review of documentation.
• Responds to customer issues and facilitates resolution. Ensures compliance with departmental standards and government agency requirements. • Purchase supplies and equipment.
• Maintain an orderly filing system for the Surgical service instrumentation. • Evaluates the surgical schedule to determine needed equipment, instrumentation and supplies.
• Maintenance of medical and surgical instruments and equipment (arrangement of repair).
• Initiates and develops programs that incorporate continuous improvement throughout the department.
• Communicate with off-site clinic to determine instrumentation needed for their daily procedure. • Complete missing list for next day cases.
• Deliver next day cases to Surgical suites.
• Coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.