Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Quality Data Analyst is responsible for high quality data analytics which support The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute’s need for analytical tools and solutions. The Quality Data Analyst understands how data is turned into information and knowledge, and how the knowledge supports and promotes continuous improvement in quality care and patient safety throughout the Cancer Institute. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
• Work across functional areas to collect, analyze and present quality improvement data for purposes of Institute-wide program evaluation, management/decision-making, clinical quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Exhibits competency with all clinical electronic information systems for the extraction and reporting of relevant data.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Collaborates with the IT team and subject matter experts to define reporting solution.
• Facilitates project groups in the development of survey tools, metrics, dashboards, reports, and quality monitoring plans with a focus on the analytical and statistical perspective.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
• Builds and maintains a Quality and Patient Safety presence on the HHC Cancer Institute SharePoint Site (i.e. data repository and manage download of data on a consistent basis).
• Ability to present data analyses to non-analytical audience i.e. Administrators, clinicians.
• Contributes to the development of meaningful goals and objectives for the department that align with the strategic directions of the organization by analyzing needs and developing recommendations.
• Uses resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of the department within established budgets by determining future needs, monitoring actual progress and allocation resources to meet a changing environment.
• Ensures on-time reporting of key metrics to internal and external stakeholders and maintains responsibility for some data entry tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Health Information Management, Mathematics or related field.
• 5+ experience in Healthcare reporting
• EPIC Caboodle, Premier’s Quality Advisor as well as database management.
• Proficiency in SQL programming language preferred.
Licensure and Certifications
• Epic certification strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.