Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Business Systems Analyst advises and consults with both internal and external customers across the Hartford HealthCare by developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the departments business needs in order to make cost-effective and efficient recommendations.
• Analyzes department needs, translates requirements into program design.
• Works with internal customers to find proactive solutions to drive efficiencies in systems and processes.
• Collaborates with Information Services team to ensure developed department systems are compatible with overall HHC systems requirements, standard and hardware specifications.
• Works closely with business partners to understand, document, and deliver analytic solutions support for optimal decision making in supply chain management.
• Manages and maintains relevant business metrics and reports through their completion.
• Develops value added reporting utilizing Excel, Access, PeopleSoft, Oracle BI and other reporting tools and automating where applicable.
• Supports Clinical Value analysis process and clinical value team (CVT), analyzing spend, usage, clinical data, benchmarking data and other
• Validates data and recommends process improvements which enhance data integrity
• Manages and audits key data elements within the HHC ERP system.
• Coordinates with appropriate internal data owners to ensure accuracy across the entire system.
• Creates and maintains training documents for internal customers’ use of the HHC ERP system and facilitates their ability to obtain timely, relevant data and reports to drive department/business decisions.
• Provides systems support to staff by maintaining departments’ hardware/software availability, educates and trains staff in the systems application and supporting report production to ensure requests are being met.
• Works collaboratively as a team member with user groups both within and across the HHC system; shares resources, information, tools and ideas that improve the department's services.
• Participates as a subject matter expert on relevant projects.
• Troubleshoots and problem solves systems by providing 24 hour accountability in order to respond in a rapid manner in order for users to meet their business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
•3-5 years of relevant business analytics experience.
• Experience in healthcare industry preferred.
• Experience with SQL and one or more of Oracle OBIA, Oracle DV, Tableau, QlikView, Power BI or similar tools preferred.
• Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft FSCM and EPIC preferred.
• Experience in Supply Chain Management analytics support preferred..
• Understands data mining and has operated utilizing advanced tools to support data activities
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.