Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
· Provide direct intensive patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
· Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and acts as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
· Provides Medication Assisted Treatment for substance dependent patients. Monitors maintenance patients in the outpatient clinic.
· Gives injections to patients for long acting medications, such as Vivitrol or others.
· Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations.
· Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
· Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
· Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members.
· As assigned at Windham Hospital, will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays.
· Provide supervision to selected non-physician health professionals.
· Participates in rotational medical and physician assistant student teaching.
· Participates in Medical Staff and Quality Committees as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Supportive attending physicians
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.