Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Either 4 10's or 5 8's.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together vascular care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac and peripheral vascular care. We received “top performer” recognition by The Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
Vascular Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Vascular Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner practices in an outpatient ambulatory vein clinic running parallel with an attending surgeon as well as running their own independent sessions. The AP will manage a patient panel for pre-op, post op, and annual follow up patients as well as new consults. Patient conditions include, but are not limited to symptomatic varicose veins, leg swelling, spider veins, and venous ulcers. Additional responsibilities include wound checks, suture removal, and sclerotherapy. Practice locations include Farmington and Glastonbury.
Advanced Practitioner Benefits
- A positive, family oriented culture with down to earth providers that live the collaborate team approach to ensuring value based care for patients
- The support of six ambulatory based vascular APP’s
- Extensive 1:1 training with experienced mentors who enjoy teaching
- The opportunity for further education through CME opportunities and through attending Heart and Vascular Institute Service Line conferences including, but not limited to; M&M, Aortic Center, Complex Vascular Cases, and Vascular Basic Science
- No call required
- The opportunity to partake in research, patient quality initiatives, and patient experience initiatives
- Well organized and friendly office staff that provides support to ensure you have the resources needed to succeed
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- Graduate of an accredited
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be
licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
in the state of Connecticut
- Certification, or eligible to be certified, as a
Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Primary
Care Nurse Practitioner
arterial, cardiac, or ambulatory experience is highly preferred
We take great
care of careers.
locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here,
you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive
benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.