Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties with in scope of practice for state of CT.
• Provide support to dentists, surgeons and staff as needed
• Prepare examination and surgical rooms by maintaining instruments and equipment
• Assist in updating and maintaining client dental records.
• Offer patients advice and materials necessary to maintain good dental health
• Maintain a surgically clean work environment.
• Assist chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. (Four Handed Dentistry)
• Support patients, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
• Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• Disinfect instruments and equipment for Central Sterile, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
• Prepare materials for impressions and restorations,
• Complete dental x rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
• Transport Patients
• Clerical Duties include: assists with office duties schedule and confirm appointments, receive patients, keep treatment records, and order dental supplies and materials.
QualificationsSuccessful completion of Dental Assisting Training Program.