Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offers a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Under general supervision of the director, performs a variety of kitchen food service and dish room duties as well as other related tasks to provide safe and effective food service to all clients, staff and visitors.
• Assist in serving clients following prescribed menu, including portioning food carefully and correctly.
• Assist Cooks in food preparation when needed, and function as cook/charge cook when assigned.
• Perform safe and sanitary handling of all food and equipment.
• Maintain cleanliness of food preparation areas and equipment.
• Follow diet modifications in food preparation and service.
• Stock and maintain all storage areas, including client units.
• Follow and complete posted production schedule.
• Flex schedule and/or assignments when required according to the operational needs of the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• No previous kitchen experience required. On- the-job instruction and in service provided.
• State of Connecticut approved Qualified Food Operator preferred
• Valid Connecticut Driver's License
• Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written directions.
• Must be able to work with others, take direction and work varying hours.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must wear clean uniform and protective shoes.
• Must wear proper hair restraint.
• Must be able to work varying hours.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.