St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
• Assists with basic patient care activities.
• Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN). • Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport. • Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. • Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly. • Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to population specific
facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned patients • Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to appropriate patient population • Adheres to organizational safety practices and standards • Other Duties as assigned • Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as
solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Nurse Aide credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to
hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2
Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60
days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or equivalent;Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program.
• One year acute care preferred.
We take great care of careers.