Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
With responsibility for a caseload, lead a variety of groups, and conduct family sessions, Clinicians provide quality, cost-effective treatment for Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs for a population of professionals by assuring access, providing assessment, coordinating required resources, and partnering with health care team members. By utilizing excellent communication and negotiation skills, focuses on providing the appropriate service in the most cost-effective formula to assure that the patient, provider, payor and health organization's goals are met. Reports to Unit Manager/Program Manager.
• Current Connecticut RN License with MSN in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, and experience working with psychiatric patients required. ANA certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing preferred.
-- OR --
• LCSW, PhD, or PsyD licensed to practice in the state of CT.
-- OR --
• Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy with License (LMFT)
-- AND --
• Ability to meet requirements for internal credentialing in individual and group or family therapy required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a dual diagnosis treatment preferred.
• Prior experience in group therapy treating adults with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and substance abuse preferred
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.