Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Assists registered pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication, maintains records and inventory, following procedural work routines, to ensure medications are ready and available for patient administration. Reports to Pharmacy Supervisor.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
• Associates Degree in Pharmacy Technician program in preferred.
• Pharmacy Technician certification is required within 6 months of employment.
• Pharmacy registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection required by March 31st of each year.
• At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is required.
• Requires good communication and analytical skills.
• Requires manual dexterity and basic keyboard skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.