Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
As a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team, the Psychiatric Clinician provides psychiatric evaluations of adult patients (18 years old and above) in a community based mental health clinic. Evaluations include: diagnosis, risk assessments, outcome measure tools and scales, case formulation, and treatment recommendations presented to a supportive treatment team lead by staff psychiatrists and peers. The Licensed Clinician provides individual, group, couples, and family therapy in the clinical specialty area of DBT in an intensive outpatient program. Utilization of evidenced based practices are supported through collaborative work within the DBT team, which consists of peer clinicians, case managers and RNs. Career development and advancement is available for those who want to participate in department as well as Hartford Healthcare system committees. Experienced staff can explore opportunities to supervise clinicians in our intern program or potentially be selected to participate in leadership development training.
This is a great opportunity to join an established interdisciplinary team that supports clinicians through:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.S. in Counseling
• Current State of Connecticut licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, or LPC required.
• Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a psychiatric setting.
• Ability to meet requirements for internal credentialing in individual and group or family therapy required.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
· Medical and dental benefits
· 401(k) plan with employer match
· Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
· Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
· Free parking / no shuttles
· Historic park-like grounds designed by Frederick Law Ohlmsted
· Individual offices for full time clinicians
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.