Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery and research. We received “top performer” recognition by The Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
This position is an integral member of the EP team providing procedural care support and a variety of radiologic diagnostic procedures while practicing excellent patient care and radiation safety, observing all principles to ALARA. Demonstrates efficiency in all EP procedures and equipment as applicable.
• Performs diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures by selecting the correct exposure factors utilizing the assessment of patient age, pathology and diagnosis to produce technically accurate images to support quality diagnosis.
• Participates in the primary roles of scrubbing, circulating and monitoring during procedures using proper sterile techniques to aid in the procedure and assist in the observation of patients.
• Accurately record/document pertinent procedure data into log book, daily information sheet, and Radiology Information System [RIS]; transfers correctly annotated images into PACS.
• Assesses physician’s order and patient’s CPOE requisition for completeness by reviewing the clinical information, pertinent laboratory results and patient’s chart to ensure proper patient preparation and correct procedure administered.
• Practices radiation safety management through the appropriate use of shielding and selection of correct exposure factors while adhering to radiation standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and patient protection requirements.
• Participates in performance improvement and continued quality improvement
• Supervise radiology student during clinical rotation.
Graduate from an accredited Radiology program
Two (2) years staff radiology Technology experience
1 year of Cardiac Interventional Experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration
• Active CT State Radiographer license.
• ARRT Registry – Radiography (R)
• Current BLS and ACLS certification
• Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI) - preferred
• Or, in addition to ARRT (R), Certified of Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist (RCIS) by CCI - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
• Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
• Knowledge of diagnostic and conduction system studies, hemodynamics, calculations and percutaneous intervention, imaging and acquisition and equipment
• Working knowledge and expertise with all equipment and supplies utilized in the Cath Lab and radiation safety.
Knowledge of patient interaction and management including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.