Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Provide psychiatric outpatient services for adults in the Center for Mental Health.
· Provide direct patient services including diagnostic evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, in the outpatient setting.
· Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders, including buprenorphine and related medications. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
· Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
· Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions, progress, and discharge summaries and updates electronic medical records as specified in medical staff regulations.
· Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
· Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, and family members whenever possible.
· As assigned, will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Will ensure coverage has been appropriately scheduled during own absences.
· Provide supervision to selected medical students, residents and non-physician health professionals.
· Participates in Medical Staff Committees and meetings as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
Please visit https://www.hhccareers.org/ for even more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in our region.
We look forward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
Experience in adult outpatient services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
Board Certified (or Board Eligible if within 5 years of residency)
State of CT, Department of Public Health medical license; DEA; CCSR; Buprenorphine waiver; Clozapine REMS registration
Computer and keyboarding skills required.