Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
A professional registered nurse responsible for the assessment of educational needs and implementation of an organized program for education directed toward the goal of clinical competence and cost effective patient care of the highest quality. Utilizes the nursing process to develop, implement, and evaluate education for staff, patients, and the community. Serves as a resource and role model in the areas of clinical practice, patient advocacy, and nursing leadership.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing school required
• Master's Degree in Nursing or currently enrolled in a program and on track to complete within four years of hire.
• Minimum five years recent acute care experience with at least three years clinical experience in behavioral health
• Current unrestricted State of Connecticut CT Registered Nurse license in good standing
• Ability to obtain and maintain department specific certifications.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire.
• Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) preferred
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, preferred