Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
· Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
· Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
· Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team to minimize restraint and seclusion and to champion quality improvement projects.
· Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations and per regulatory requirements.
· Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
· Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
· Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
· As assigned at Natchaug Hospital and Windham Hospital will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Will ensure coverage has been appropriately scheduled during own absences.
· Provide supervision to selected medical students, residents and non-physician health professionals.
· Participates in Medical Staff Committees and meetings as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
Please visit https://www.hhccareers.org/ for even more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in our region.
We look forward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
Experience in child and adolescent inpatient and evaluation services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
Board Certified (or Board Eligible psychiatrist if within 5 years of residency)
State of CT, Department of Public Health medical license; DEA; CCSR
Other: Computer and keyboarding skills required.