Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one
thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We
invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large
and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving
so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather
than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity
with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service
recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
OR/Anesthesia Technician that has responsibilities for checking, maintaining
and repairing a wide variety of biomedical equipment, completes appropriate
documentation, provides in-service education and works on special projects to guarantee safe, efficient and
cost-effective utilization of medical technology. Blends traditional
engineering techniques with biological sciences to improve the quality of
patient care. Reports to Clinical Engineer or Manager.
- Repairs, maintains and inventories a wide variety
of biomedical equipment and instrumentation through assessment, troubleshooting
and diagnosis. Requires the use of a variety of tools (i.e. electronic
software, computers, specialized hand and power tools) to verify the medical
equipment is in a safe and efficient working order.
- Documents work performed, utilizing database
management system and/or written reports as per department procedure, to make
certain appropriate records are maintained to meet hospital and regulatory
- Provides service and support to numerous HHC
affiliates and contracted services throughout the state.
- Participates in the strategic planning for
medical technology through pre-purchase assessment of medical devices/equipment
and evaluation of replacement needs.
- Ensures that appropriate technologies are
utilized in the hospital and provides input into the budgeting process.
- Educates staff on the proper use of biomedical
equipment and user-type diagnostic procedures through a combination of formal
in-services and informal training.
with special projects as necessary, by utilizing specialized knowledge and
skills to ensure that the goals of HHC
are achieved in a cost effective and patient centered manner.
develops and refines techniques for equipment systems, testing of product
performance to verify safe and proficient operation.
- Coordinates and collaborates with an internal
team of multidisciplinary clientele to deliver a full range of quality services
exceeding the customer requirements resulting in superior patient care and
- Responsible for taking off hours and holiday
- Associate Degree in Electronics or Biomedical
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience
as a Biomedical Technician or related field.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as
part of a team is required.
- Must be proficient with computers and computer
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Certification by AAMI is desired.