New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a pioneering member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Oncology Nurse Navigator is responsible for partnering with patients and providers to offer a personalized, individualized approach to women’s health care including the screening and diagnosis of malignant and benign breast disease and gynecologic disease. Responsibilities will include but, will not be limited to:
• Educate patients about their disease, prescribed treatment, and side effects of treatment and how to manage them
• Provide clinical resources -- where to seek a second opinion, treatment or testing that may not be available locally, and how to access reliable sources of information
• Assess patients for psychosocial distress and referral to a medical social worker or counselor if more intensive support is needed
• Offer personalized care to patients as well as track interventions and outcomes.
• Communicate and collaborate with the patients referring provider to improve timeliness of care and patient satisfaction.
• Work in collaboration with the imaging department to assist in preparing case presentations for all cancer conferences related to women’s health.
• Address tangible barriers to care such as finances, housing, transportation, childcare, prescription costs, and much more. They refer patients to the appropriate contact, such as a social worker
• Assess and work in collaboration with the hereditary Risk Assessment Program to refer women for counseling and testing as appropriate.
• Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team to assess, secure, and coordinate appropriate services through the continuum of care
Qualifications• CT RN License