Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Responsible for the supervision, time management and scheduling of staff, coordination of work flow and maintenance of equipment in the CT Scan modality of the Diagnostic Imaging Department at the hospital and satellites to meet physician and patient needs. Assists the Department Manager with the operational budget, planning and execution of department projects including the balance score card.
Education: Graduate of a JCERT accredited program for Radiologic Technologists required. CRA or BNBS in related field preferred.
Experience: At least one (1) year experience in a Lead or in-charge position required. At least three (3) years experience in a lead or supervisory position preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current State of CT Radiographer license required. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology, CT certification required (ARRT) CT. Basic Life Support (BLS) within 90 days of hire.
Language Skills: Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
• Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use)
• Must possess a thorough, working knowledge of all CT Scan exams and equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with departments, employees, physicians and managers.
• Must be organized, flexible and a team player .
• Ability to work in a stressful environment .
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Must be able to teach, coach and mentor staff.
• Ability to provide timely, clear and specific performance expectations and feedback .
• Strong commitment to customer service .
• Working knowledge of windows based software (including word processing, database and spreadsheet) for occasional performance of duties.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Must be able to function independently exercising discretion and good judgment to perform duties.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.