New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Clinic Hours: 7a-7m M-Th; 7a-5p F.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lymphedema therapist to join our outpatient team. This Occupational Therapist (OT) independently evaluates, determines the treatment strategies, delivers and/or delegates services that identify, restore and remediate, in order to maximize function in the areas of activities of daily living, leisure/recreation, and productivity/work.
Lymphedema specific responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate patient with lymphedema and create Plan of Care
- Demonstrate competence in manual lymph drainage, multi-layer bandaging, compression garment selection and application
- Provide patient and/or caregiver training for home program including MLD, bandaging as needed, application of compression garments, and skin care
- Provide appropriate and safe exercise plan for patient with lymphedema, with modifications to functional ability
• Graduate of Occupational Therapy Program from an accredited American Occupational Therapy Association school, BS degree or entry level master's degree.
• Current CT Occupational Therapist License required.
• Lymphedema experience required, certification program with a minimum of 135 hours of lymphedema specialized training with one instructor preferred.
• LANA certification preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.