Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Neuroscience Critical Care Team is committed to creating an innovative patient centered delivery system that continuously improves quality care. The Advanced Practice Providers (APP) are part of a multidisciplinary team at St. Vincent’s Medical Center that plans and delivers care for complex multiple neuroscience patients including trauma, neurology, neurosurgery, and other critical care patients as the service needs dictate. The APP works in collaboration with the attending intensivist, the primary admitting team, and consultants. Responsibilities include managing multiple patients with varied critical illness, performing comprehensive physical assessments, interpretation of diagnostic results, hemodynamic/ventilator management, daily progress notes, patient/family education and meetings.
· A collaborative model of care with the attending physicians and other members of the health care team.
· Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans.
· Generous Paid-Time Off.
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice.
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred.
· Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut.
· Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
· Board Certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner is required for APRN’s.
· Critical care experience or neurology experience as an APP required.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.