St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assists with the cleaning and stocking of Surgical Services areas.
• Facilitates and assists with the admission and discharge process of patients, including transporting patient belongings, arranging patient transportation, and completing all necessary documentation.
• Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, which may include, but is not limited to, collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens, stocking needed supplies and sanitizing all surfaces.
• Performs daily inventory to ensure clean linen and supplies are accurately stocked for distribution.
• Maintains carts and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate area when finished.
• To assist the surgical suites by helping with turnover of surgical equipment.
• Performs daily inventory to ensure par levels of instruments are up to date and also ensure clean linen supplies are accurately stocked for distribution.
• Deliver and pick up soiled case carts.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
• Surgical Instrumentation, Operating Room materials.
• Work closely with the Surgical Suites and Central Sterile Supply.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.