Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
where every moment
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Provides skilled nursing care to patients under the guidance of the Community Health or Hospice Nurse, implementing the nursing care plan written by the Community Health or Hospice Nurse and order by the M.D. Reinforces teaching plan to encourage participation of patients and family members in the care of the patient. Responsible for accurate, timely, and proficient clinical and reimbursement documentation. Performs related duties in support of the Nursing Department, Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, and Agency.
• Provides skilled nursing care to patients through implementation of the nursing care plan written by the Community Health Nurse and ordered by the M.D.
• Confers with Community Health/Hospice Nurse regarding patient assignments on a daily basis pre and post visit.
• Administers selected prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by
• State regulations and/or Agency policies under the direction of the Community
Health/Hospice Nurse, in an appropriate fashion to ensure quality, safe patient
• Assists Community Health/Hospice Nurse in the performance of specialized
procedures i.e. complicated dressings, as necessary in a competent manner.
• Observes patient for changes in condition and reports these changes to the
physician, Community Health/Hospice Nurse and/or Clinical Manager, in a
• Participates in case conferences with other Agency professionals, and/or the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, as required.
• Organizes and prioritizes patient care assignments to ensure that Agency
productivity standards are met.
• Recognizes licensure limitations and seeks and obtains necessary information
to provide quality safe patient care i.e. observation visits, educational material
review and instruction by Supervisor or Nurse Specialist.
• Implements plan of care for Hospice patients with appropriate end-of-life goals
and an emphasis on patient safety and patient/caregiver education.
• Responsible for clinical documentation to reflect Agency policy and procedure
and the delivery of quality and safe Home Health and Hospice Care. (25%)
• Prepares and keeps legible records current, on a daily basis, providing all
written information regarding service record, visit and non-visit time, statistical
sheets and reports to physicians and other personnel according to expected
• Collects and documents necessary financial and reimbursement information
for each patient and provides verbal and written communication as required,
to Agency personnel and other reimbursement sources.
• Follows telephone order from physician, submits a completed change order
form to Supervisor for co-signing, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follows guidelines of nursing care plan and encourages patient self-care.
• Reinforces the teaching plan developed and initiated by the Community
• Health/Hospice Nurse, in an appropriate fashion.
• Encourages patients and families to participate in plan of care as appropriate.
• Participates in Blood Pressure and other screening clinics and gives
appropriate advice and directions to participants needing follow-up.
• Assists with the TeleHealth Program as required. Community Health Nurse co-signs orders.
• Orients Home Health Aide to plan of care under the direction of the
• Community Health/Hospice Nurse.
• Performs related duties in support of the Agency/Nursing Department.
Education & Training: Graduate of an approved school of practical/vocational nursing.
License/Certification: Current Connecticut LPN license as a practical nurse.
Experience: Two (2) years recent current LPN experience or specialty area, if applicable, preferred. Home Health Care experience preferred.
• Basic clinical nursing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with patients, families, physicians and co-workers.
• Ability to deal effectively with stress and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Other: Valid motor vehicle operators license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.