Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Region Director, collaborating in the physician-nurse dyad with the Medical Director of Women’s Health, serves as the nurse leader for the Women’s Health Service Line at both Backus Hospital and Windham Hospital. In collaboration with the Medical Director, the Regional Director will set the vision and manage the clinical administrative operations of the LDRP departments, Women’s Health Services as well as develop future services. This includes the oversight of acute hospital clinical environments, outpatient clinics and community outreach.
- Develop and maintain the expansion of the Women’s Health Service Line across the East Region
- Provide leadership and collaborate with the Medical Director on evidenced based obstetric and women’s health care. Develop short-term and long-term goals and direct the planning and execution of department projects
- Collaborate with the Nurse Manager and Nurse Supervisor for oversight and leadership ensuring the appropriate placement of patients considering patient and staff flow patterns, scheduling, clinical programming, staff management, fiscal and regulatory oversight
- Maximize productivity at all times by effectively managing activities within the hospital and works to achieve organizational financial metrics. Collaborates with the Vice President of Patient Care Services using Hartford HealthCare’s operating model to achieve balanced scorecard initiatives
- Provide leadership, training, and counseling to frontline management staff. Support, promote staff development by facilitating staff attendance and participation in education programs and council/committee meetings
- Adhere to, support and implement hospital policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with Joint Commission as well as local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Promote hospital and divisional safety requirements. Consults with recommendations of governing bodies such as ACOG, AWHONN, and AAP
- Manage clinical emergencies and operate an internal and external disaster plan. Resolve clinical complaints issued by patients, families, and/or physicians. Participate in disaster management and training
- Create a healthy work environment that values and demonstrates skilled communication, true collaboration, effective decision making, meaningful recognition, appropriate staffing, and authentic leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge of care for required age-specific populations particularly women of all ages and neonates. Plans programs and care necessary for these populations considering innovative approach to birth and parenting
- Recommend departmental policies, procedures and best practices to senior management and implement the approved policies, procedures and practices in a timely and efficient manner
- Participates in educational programs, seminars and conferences
take great care of careers.
locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough
treatments and community education to countless men, women and children.
We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we
provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life
balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.