St. Vincent's Medical Center
tues - sat 11am to 7pm willing to make sat 7 to 330pm if that is candidates preference
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment
• Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
• Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to
problems identified and involves the patient/family.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques
and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
• Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure
effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to
ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of
the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in
performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for
patients, guests and co-workers.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed
from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy or accredited Physical Therapy
• No experience required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.