1045pm-715a weekends and holidays
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Hartford Hospital Public Safety department has been in existence for over 40 years providing a wide variety security services to the hospital community. The department has over 90 members that are all State of CT certified. Officers receive additional training from a certified in house instructor upon hire.
Working within the Public Safety department at Hartford Hospital, Public Safety Officers assumes security posts and/or duties as assigned by shift supervisor. This position provides assistance and protection to patients, visitors, employees and property in and around the organization. Assures public safety and security of the premises. Investigates and provides detailed reports on safety issues as required. Documents criminal activity and security incidents for proper documentation.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid State of Connecticut Security Guard Card.
• Valid CT Driver’s License.
• 1-3yrs experience preferred.
• Hospital security experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Candidate must also be capable of constant walking, standing and ability to lift 60 lbs., demonstrate the ability to restrain individuals and have the ability to work in extremely stressful and potential violent situations.
• Requires passing several provided trainings to include: handcuffing, pepper spray, management of aggressive behavior and others within first year of hire.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Please submit resume for consideration
Hartford Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
who believes diversity brings out the best in everyone!