Work where every moment
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Department Description:
Integrated Care Partners (ICP) is a physician-led, clinically integrated health care network whose mission is to assist our members in providing the highest quality care at the most reasonable cost for our patients in the current, rapidly changing medical environment.
The Resource Coordinator is responsible for assessing the socioeconomic and psychosocial needs of clients and connecting them to community based resources. A vital component of this role is working with the Hartford HealthCare System at large, as well as, community agencies to assist with resource allocation and identification of eligible services for patients. The Resource Coordinator is able to build strong relationships within the Hartford HealthCare System, as well as the community, as potential referral sources. This position is ideal for someone with entry level healthcare education and healthcare work background that is passionate about changing healthcare and helping patients.
- Processes referrals to ICP Community Care Management team
- Outreaches to patients telephonically to assess community resource and other needs
- Documents in patient’s electronic health record and communicates outcome of patient outreach with community care managers, providers, and other care team members
- Identifies resources within HHC system and larger community to address patient care needs
- Establishes and maintains favorable relationships with hospitals, social service agencies, physicians and other health care providers, senior centers, community and professional groups, and other possible referral sources
- Performs other related duties as assigned or necessary
Manager, Community Care Management
Bachelor’s degree in the Health and Human Services, Gerontology, public health or related field- OR- a minimum of three years of experience in case management or discharge planning with older adults. Experience:
Three (3) years experience working with older adultsLicensure, Certification, Registration:
Active Driver’s License with Reliable transportation. Mental Health First Aid CertifiedLanguage Skills:
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Prefer Bi-lingual.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the local community and the services available within it.
- Approachable with excellent listening skills, tact and the available ability to offer support and encouragement.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a high volume, multifaceted work environment
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple task assignments in a highly organized fashion.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Possesses a commitment to holistic care in meeting the needs of clients.
- Be a reliable and effective team player.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.