Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
• Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or
registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients'
charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining
records, and filing.
• Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and
stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
• Responsible for performing such duties as phlebotomy, patient scheduling,
EKG's, collection of specimens, taking vital signs and assisting physicians or
other providers under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Assists with clerical functions to facilitate departmental operations including
answering phone and scheduling patients and processing orders.
• Responsible for maintenance of supplies, equipment, stocking exam rooms
and monitoring environment.
• Other Duties as assigned
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program and/or Medical Assistant Certification required (CMA,CCMA, RMA ). (An active CNA, EMT, Paramedic or Medic Certification may also be considered)
1 Year of Medical office experience preferred.
Epic Experience preferred.
Must possess effective communication skills. Competency in basic medical assisting skills. Including, rooming patients, assisting provider with exams, performing hearing tests, answering phones, scheduling appointments and surgeries. Strong working knowledge of medical terminology. Strong computer skills including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Experience with medical software preferred. Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organization skills and attention to detail
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.