Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
When people in Eastern Connecticut need help with behavioral health – whether for psychiatric illness or chemical dependency – they turn to Natchaug Hospital. The hospital's 57-bed facility in Mansfield Center, Connecticut, provides inpatient care for over 650 children and adolescents and 1,300 adults with mental illness or substance abuse issues each year. Journey House, a 13-bed residential treatment center for adolescent girls, is also operated by Natchaug Hospital on its Mansfield campus. Natchaug's day hospital, after school and special education school programs provide treatment to more than 2,750 children, adolescents and adults each year through programs in Danielson, Dayville, Enfield, Groton, Mansfield, Norwich, Old Saybrook, and Vernon, Connecticut.
Behavioral Health Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
Provide psychiatric services for child and adolescent patients for the partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program.
Essential Functions Include:
• Provides direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
• Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
• Acts as medical director for Intensive In home Child and Adolescent Assessment Program (IICAPS)
• Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations.
• Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
• Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent from parents/guardians for medications trials prior to prescribing.
• Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
• As assigned at Windham Community Memorial Hospital, will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Provide supervision to selected non-physician health professionals.
• Participates in Medical Staff and Quality Committees as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Supportive attending physicians
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.