New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Perioperative Technician provides clinical support services to patients by maintaining assigned patient care areas in a clean, safe, therapeutic and customer-oriented manner. Performs duties and responsibilities under the direct operational supervision of a Registered Nurse, Perioperative Supervisor and Clinical Manager of Perioperative Services.
• Prepares OR's for scheduled and unscheduled procedures as needed.
• Assembles and provides necessary equipment for each procedure.
• Safely handles/disposes of hazardous materials and sharps containers.
• Transfers patients safely as required
• Turning and positioning patients during surgical procedures.
• Transports and protects patients- specimens to laboratory.
• Retrieves needed equipment from other patient care areas.
• Participates in room set-up for cases
• Cleans/disinfects OR rooms.
• Participates in room set-up between cases
• Handles/protects patients- belongings according to hospital policy and procedure.
• Restocks shelves with supplies from Central Stores or SPD.
• Maintains OR equipment storage room
Restocks patient supplies and cleaning supplies as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.