Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, approximately 38,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for the planning and engineering of the organization's Cloud network infrastructure. Responsibilities include:
The Cloud Network Engineer demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to the field of Information Technology. The Cloud Network Engineer relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned objectives.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position, although not all of the qualifications below are required.
The Cloud Network Engineer reports to the Manager of Network Engineering.
This role is regarded as a technical expert responsible for representing ITS Network Engineering in project discussions at their early conception. Specifically, The Cloud Network Engineer will work with the various business units’ representatives at the various hospitals or affiliates to gather their requirements for new upcoming initiatives to then translate those requirements into technical solutions. These solutions must meet the objectives of the business while ensuring compliance with ITS standards of security and manageability.
The Cloud Network Engineer will be an active member of the IT Change Advisory Board, Downtime committee, the IT Configuration Control Board, and the IT Incident Review Board.
· Design and deploy network architectures on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to meet the organization's requirements for scalability, performance, and security.
· Configure and manage virtual networks (VPCs) and subnets, including IP addressing, routing, firewall rules, and load balancing.
· Implement and optimize connectivity solutions, such as VPNs, Direct Peering, and Cloud Interconnect, to establish secure and reliable connections between on-premises infrastructure and GCP.
· Collaborate with administrators and architects to ensure network integration and connectivity for applications and services deployed on GCP.
· Implement network security measures, including access controls, firewall rules, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), and encryption technologies, to protect data and systems on GCP.
· Monitor network performance, identify bottlenecks, and optimize network configurations to enhance overall system performance and reliability.
· Troubleshoot network-related issues, investigate root causes, and implement corrective actions to minimize downtime and ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
· Develop and maintain documentation, diagrams, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network infrastructure and configurations.
· Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in cloud networking and security, and evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools that can improve network operations.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and participate in project planning, capacity planning, and disaster recovery exercises.
· Assist with the development and mentoring of Network Engineers at all levels.
· Lead or participate in multiple projects in accordance with institutional and departmental goals.
· Coordinate the overall design and deployment of the technical environment, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, and various analysis tools.
· Oversee and participate in the ongoing maintenance and planning of the network environment as well as all related infrastructure.
· Provide clear vision, leadership and evaluation of emerging technologies and solutions and how they relate to a healthcare environment.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining the design and architecture of the network environment.
· Participate in the development of schedules, priorities, and determination of time lines and resources.
· Develop and maintain a program of proactive network administration, including but not limited to a system of updates, upgrades and fixes, system enhancements, log monitoring, and system hardening.
· Escalation resource to troubleshoot and repair all network related problems in a timely manner.
· Maintain all documentation including appropriate configuration backups.
· Help all departments in assuring that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
· Provide training and project handoff to the Network Operations team.
· Maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism in the Network Engineering department.
· Assist in developing ways to reduce the amount of incoming technical support requests.
· Other job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience. Relevant certifications, such as Google Cloud Certified - Network Engineer and optionally certifications related to Azure or AWS.
· Proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing network infrastructure in a cloud environment, with a focus on Google Cloud Platform. Familiarity with Azure or AWS is considered a bonus.
· Hands-on experience with GCP networking services, such as VPC, VPCSC, Cloud Router, Cloud VPN, Cloud Interconnect, Load Balancing, and Security Groups.
· Hands-on experience with Nexus VPC configurations, Arista MLAG, and Terraform scripting, with an additional advantage if experience extends to Azure or AWS environments.
· Familiarity with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Google Cloud Monitoring (Stackdriver) and packet capture analysis tools.
· Configuration experience desired using Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, ACI, NX-OS, and Arista EOS.
· Strong understanding of networking protocols and concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, VPN, routing, and switching.
· Understanding of configuring and managing network security controls, including firewall rules, access controls, IDS/IPS, and encryption technologies. Competency in IPv4 in addition to routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
• Switching knowledge using VLANS, VTP, STP, UDLD, CDP/LLDP, etc.
• Cisco or Arista wireless LAN using controller and non-controller based solutions.
• Cisco ASA and Meraki for remote access and VPN.
• Knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, and NSX experience.
• Network management and network analysis platforms such as Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, & Arista Cloudvision.
• Familiar with Ethernet standards and fiber connectivity types.
• In depth knowledge of the OSI & TCP/IP model.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Continuous learning mindset and willingness to adapt to new technologies and industry trends.
• A broad and deep understanding of information technologies and how to leverage them as solutions to business requirements.
• Ability to conduct research into network equipment issues, standards, and products.
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of production environments.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Good judgment, integrity and confidentiality.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to appropriately handle stressful situations, critical deadlines, and a customer base with both high service level expectations and technical sophistication.
· Availability to work nights and weekends during (un)planned outages and other special circumstances, with 24/7 accountability.
• Availability to respond to severe incident escalation by on-call manager.
• Healthcare experience desirable.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Must speak fluent English.
· Ability to work independently.
· Process improvement and quality skills
· Project management skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.