Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
*New Hires Eligible for Sign-On Bonus Up To $2,000!*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under the supervision of a Nurse Leader, the Patient Care Tech is responsible for performing specific duties that support patient care, which includes direct and indirect patient care activities that are essential to providing a safe and efficient care environment. This position performs selected interventions and activities that contribute to providing comprehensive care to patients in accordance with all existing regulatory and hospital standards, policies, and procedures. In addition, along with the care team, this position is responsible for ensuring a positive patient experience.
This role performs in a high activity work environment with multiple priorities and necessitates flexibility in scheduling. Additional responsibilities and career advancement opportunities are available through a clinical ladder for Patient Care Techs based on experience, skillsets, and certifications held.
· No experience required, training provided on-site.
· Successful completion of PCT specific HHC orientation.
· Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Some relevant experience in an acute care hospital environment preferred
· Current certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred
· Certification as a CNA, CPCT/A, EMT or CMA to be eligible for advancement in the PCT clinical ladder preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.