St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The Pharmacy Department at St. Vincent’s Medical Center consists of Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists who work together in a collaborative team environment meeting the needs of our patients.
Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
• Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
• Repackages bulk medications.
• Receives and stores incoming supplies.
• Assists (within scope of practice) with patient and staff education, resident/student training, peer interviewing and coaching, process improvement, and discharge prescriptions.
•Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of pharmacy systems and processes in order to promote 200% accountability, High Reliability and Relationship Based Care.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
· One or more years experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
· Hospital Pharmacy experience; strongly preferred
License and Certification:
· Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician with the CT Department of Consumer protection within 30 days of hire.
· Pharmacy Technician certification strongly preferred; must be obtained within nine months of hire
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.