Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare has a new opportunity available for a Weight Loss Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant to provide outpatient care to patients primarily in Meriden, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
· A well-established weight loss program will consistent volume and a supportive lead physician who takes a hands-on engaged approach to training
· The opportunity to manage your own practice style, while having the support and resource of a comprehensive weight loss program
· No call!
· The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) will work in an office setting providing both initial and follow up consultations with medical weight loss patients which includes prescribing, treating, and educating patients
· Additional responsibilities will include patient care coordination with collaborating physicians and Patient Navigators, care plan documentation, assisting with bariatric seminars, work groups, participating in various hospital committees, and tracking of patient work ups
· The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) works primarily in Glastonbury, and secondary locations may include Manchester, Enfield, or Bloomfield. An APP’s residence will be taking into considering when determining secondary locations.
· Opportunities for career advancement both hospital wide and system wide.
· Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement.
· We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Medical & Surgical Weight Loss Team at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
· Eligibility to be licensed in CT as a Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) is required
· Eligibility to be certified as a Physician Assistant, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), or Adult Geriatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) is required
· 1-2 years of experience practicing as an Advanced Practitioner is highly preferred.