Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Associate Medical Director – General Psychiatry – Meriden, CT
Hartford HealthCare’s Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), has new opportunity available for a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our cohesive behavioral health team by providing Leadership and Psychiatry services at Rushford located in Meriden, CT
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
· Serves as Program Medical Director for the community behavioral health center (local mental health authority Meriden/Wallingford) with an active role in planning, directing, and implementing services and in promoting performance improvement.
· Supervises medical providers including Psychiatrist, APRN and PA
· Leadership in the provision of psychiatric evaluations, treatment and care, for a team of mental health care professionals from multiple disciplines.
· Oversight of psychiatric Consult and liaison services for the local general hospital
· Supervision of clinical training in community psychiatry for fellows, residents and students rotating through this site.
· We prioritize your development and wellbeing through the respected HHC Provider Leadership Development Institute and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
· Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more
· Eligibility to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
About the Hartford HealthCare Behavioral Health Network:
The Hartford HealthCare BHN is an expansive psychiatric treatment, research, and academic network that includes the world-renowned Institute of Living and the Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center. An experienced GME organization, the BHN currently hosts two psychiatry residency programs and three psychiatry fellowship programs.
The BHN provides 750,000 outpatient visits and 110,000 inpatient days of care a year across 50 locations and 300 inpatient beds, the BHN is recognized for coordinated, high-quality care. With ten Clinical Day Schools providing 45,000 days of care and education and six residential locations providing 45,000 residential patient days, it is also recognized as a major partner in the communities across CT.
The BHN offers:
· A career trajectory through academic, research, and leadership opportunities
· A mentorship program and virtual daily grand rounds
· A well-structured and highly integrated healthcare system that allows easy collaboration amongst providers, allowing for more time with patients, and more positive outcomes
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located near Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter
or call/text: 860-637-5571