St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
For over 60 years, St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services (SVSNS) has been a trusted provider of specialized services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and complex medical needs, such as cerebral palsy, acute brain injury, neuromuscular disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families receive services from the organization.
• Year round school program position to work with children with multiple disabilities in our private school setting in Trumbull
Conducts medically prescribed physical therapy under the supervision of a physical therapist.
• Provides physical therapy interventions under a plan of care written by a physical therapist.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing techniques and skills as appropriate for the patient population.
• Documents treatment interventions given.
• May coordinate activities of physical therapy aides, students and other support personnel.
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for services.
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, guests and co-workers.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy Asst credentialed from the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Physical Therapists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate Degree required in PT from an accredited physical therapy program.
• Will consider new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.