St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Patient Service Representative in our Infusion Center is responsible for providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote a positive patient experience. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
• Warmly greets and registers arriving patients
• Answers incoming calls promptly and professionally, evaluates priority, and directs calls appropriately according to urgency and subject matter
• Schedules new patient appointments accurately, and informs patients of essential preparation requirements prior to visit
• Reviews daily report of appointment confirmations to ensure accurate schedule and appropriate communications with patients
• Collects co-payments and office charges as needed and explains office payment billing policies to patients
High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
• Epic experience preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of insurance requirements
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced notice.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.