Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Our current opening is for a Lead Physical Therapist (PT) at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
This is an experienced and advanced level position for a Physical Therapist (PT) that provides both clinical services to patients and clinical expertise to members of the department. The Lead Physical Therapist is considered a subject matter expert in their respective clinical area. They provide coaching to all clinical rehab staff including PT’s, OT’s, SLP’s, PTA’s, COTA’s, Rehab Aides and students. They assist with onboarding and training of new hires.
In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the Lead Physical Therapist independently evaluates patient’s level of function and determines, develops, and implements individualized treatment goals and plans in alignment with the patient/caregiver goals.
The Lead Physical Therapist determines treatment strategies and delivers Rehabilitation therapy services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain.
This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and application of Rehabilitation Therapy to maximize the patient's functional independence.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
· Provides coaching and training to new employees or for new tasks to existing employees; Serves as a resource to colleagues on issues/questions and provides guidance.
· Provides appropriate feedback to Supervisor regarding any concern/issues that may arise. Provides input to performance evaluations.
· Assists with onboarding and training of new staff.
· Subject Matter Expert in a designated clinical program or population, providing guidance and expertise to colleagues and patients in area of expertise. Facilitate best practices within HHC system, standardize care, create treatment guidelines, and lead special interest group and/or councils, to ensure excellence in care for that patient population.
· Assist with the operations and coordination of the department or site as assigned by supervisor to include but not limited to staffing, physical plant/site maintenance, and equipment function.
· Assist with quality control, data collection and quality assurance for regulatory compliance and accreditation. Identify opportunities for improvement, recommend process improvements utilizing operating model.
· Acute care experience required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience required, 5 years’ experience preferred
· Experience as clinical instructor or mentor required.
· Graduate of Physical Therapy Program from an accredited school, BS degree, MS degree or Doctoral Degree.
· Active PT license in the state of Connecticut
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Able to coordinate and manage patient care needs recognizing issues that require intervention
· Able to communicate effectively with patient, family, and team members to reach optimum patient outcomes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates competence, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patients’ needs
· Maintains infection control policies related to patient care
· Ability to exercise independent judgement
· Able to adapt to a changing environment
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.