Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
· Reports to the ITS Director Analytics.
· Provides application and technical information system support for all systems related to the HHC data governance program
· Facilitate issue resolution, providing alternative solutions to problems and proactively enhancing application design and implementation
· Provide administrative support to the Data Governance Program, staffing assigned committees and workstreams, generating standard and ad hoc reports, logging data governance activity and disposition in supporting applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Maintains assigned applications and interfaces.
· Conducts testing of assigned applications.
· Participates in data governance project management, including, but not limited to implementing data domains; training application users; designing, implementing and modifying application workflows; creating logs activities and decisions, supporting information governors, data stewards, application stewards and analytic stewards on all data governance matters; documenting and assigning requests to applicable committees, sub-committees and workstreams
· Participates in training and development of system users and super users.
· Provides customer response and updates according to current policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Participates in close collaboration with business and technical colleagues in the implementation and modification of data governance applications
· Serves as a link between technical resources and business users/participants
· Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
· Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
· Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
· Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
· Communicates messages clearly and concisely
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Minimum: Seven - nine (7 - 9) years of related experience.
· Preferred: Healthcare IT experience, especially data policy development and data governance is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
· Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.
· Working knowledge of state and federal health care information technology laws and regulations preferred
· Working knowledge of general information technology policies and procedures.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers and various software packages.
· Ability to problem-solve.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Project management skills.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Presentation skills.
· Prioritization skills.
· Process improvement and quality skills.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to train others.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
· Must be willing to learn new technologies and techniques.
· Must be willing and able to come to work in adverse weather conditions.
· Travel to Hartford Healthcare sites within 60 miles of Hartford will be required occasionally.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.