Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 3,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients/residents. Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources.
Key areas of responsibility
· Assesses the nutritional status of patients/residents/customers and determines individualized nutrition care plan. Monitors effectiveness of nutrition care plan per standards of care. Coordinates nutritional care of patient with food services.
· Completes nutrition-focused physical exams (NFPE). Diagnoses and addresses malnutrition with appropriate nutrition care plan. Serves as expert on identifying and treating malnutrition. Educates other members of the health care team on malnutrition.
· Documents nutrition assessments, interventions, and follow-up care in the EMR according to policy. Tracks data related to patient caseload, complexity and time spent in indirect care activities.
· Provides nutrition education and outreach to the local community. Participates in hospital community nutrition education program. Develops nutrition education materials for community programs.
· Provides nutrition education to patients, students, staff, and community members as needed.
· Provides guidance, education, and direction to clinical dietetic technicians and food and nutrition employees, when appropriate. Orients, mentors and trains interns as applicable.
· Provides outpatient nutrition counseling and group classes to various patient populations.
· Participates in department and interdisciplinary projects to improve patient care, address patient safety, and identify operational efficiencies.
· Attends department and facility meetings, interdisciplinary rounds, and committee meetings as appropriate.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Master’s Degree in Nutrition or related field preferred.
· One year of work experience in clinical nutrition preferred.
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Commission on Dietetic Registration);Must have Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist (CT Department of Public Health) within 90 days of hire.
· *RD eligible (Must achieve Registered Dietitian credential and request CDN within 90 days of hire)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.