New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
We are currently looking for a per diem Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our acute care team at The Hospital of Central Connecticut. Weekend availability required.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) independently evaluates patients’ level of function and determines, develops, and implements individualized treatment goals and plans in alignment with the patient/caregiver goals. The Occupational Therapist (OT) determines treatment strategies and delivers Occupational Therapy services that promote health and wellness, prevent injury or disability, improve and develop self-dependency and maintenance, productivity, leisure, perceptual motor function, rest, mental, cognitive physical, sensory-perceptual, psychosocial developmental, and emotional wellbeing in a variety of contexts and environments in order to maximize function in the areas of daily living, leisure/recreation, and productivity/work.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) delegates patient care responsibilities to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and application Occupational Therapy to maximize the patient's functional independence.
· Acute care working experience or affiliation highly preferred.
· Graduate of Occupational Therapy Program from an accredited American Occupational Therapy Association school, BS degree or entry level master's degree.
· Current Occupational Therapist License required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Able to coordinate and manage patient care needs recognizing issues that require intervention
· Able to communicate effectively with patient, family, and team members to reach optimum patient outcomes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates competence, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patients’ needs
· Maintains infection control policies related to patient care
· Ability to exercise independent judgement
· Able to adapt to a changing environment
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.