Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Come join Hartford Healthcare and work where every moment matters!
Backus Hospital is actively hiring a Clinical Educator for our Emergency Departments at Backus Hospital, Backus - Plainfield ED and Windham Hospital Emergency Department. Our Clinical Educators are professional Registered Nurse Leaders responsible for implementation of the educational program, modeling the highest quality of patient care. We offer a supportive environment to promote professional and interpersonal development and growth.
Backus Hospital doesn’t just take great care of our patients; we take great care of our Clinical Educators too.
· Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250.00 after six months of employment and up to 40% tuition discounts with partnering institutions for colleague AND dependents
· Loan forgiveness for qualifying existing student loans
· Employee assistance and wellness programs including a strong focus on promoting mental health
· Benefit eligibility for those working 24 or more budgeted hours a week
· Generous Paid Time Off and health insurance packages
· 401K with matching employer contribution
· Free parking
For more than 125 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
The Backus Hospital Emergency Department is a 42 bed level III Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center. The unit includes some of the latest technologies, including EPIC EMR, Teleneurology, wireless medication scanning, among others. We also have a separate behavioral health area to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
The Emergency Department at Plainfield is a free standing 12 bed unit, part of Backus hospital’s emergency room. and is equipped with all tools needed to safely care for any patient from central station cardiac monitoring to ultrasound equipment, to our EHR (Epic ASAP). We are a primary stroke center.
The Emergency Department at Windham Hospital is equipped with 20 treatment rooms, 2 critical care suites, isolation and decontamination rooms, and state of the art equipment and systems throughout the department.
· Graduate of a school of nursing. Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or currently enrolled in a program and on track to complete within four (4) years of hire.
· Current unrestricted license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
· Five (5) years recent acute care experience. Three (3) years clinical experience in focus area of job responsibility
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
· Ability to obtain and maintain department specific certifications; Nursing Professional Development (NPD-BC) board certification and Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.