Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Patient Access Supervisor, under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, oversees the daily operations of the department to ensure prompt, accurate patient registration. This includes direct oversight of all front-end processes, and Essential Data Capture collection responsibilities including proper patient identification, insurance verification, meaningful use data, and patient liability. Facilitates the daily operations of the department by scheduling and assigning work, identify and offer solutions for process improvement. Collects and trends data for training and development opportunities recommending and implementing changes as required. Responsible for staff regulatory, compliance education, enforcement of hospital and federal related policies. Serves as a role model by displaying the HHC H3W leadership behaviors. Provides departmental coverage as necessary.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Patient Access Services
· Ensures adequate staffing is maintained
· Processes all time off requests within departmental guidelines.
· Communicates with staff on constant and timely basis regarding the status of time off requests.
· Prepares work schedule to provide continuous and adequate coverage.
· Responsible for Kronos/timekeeping
· Consistently and fairly implements Human Resource policies.
· Conducts and completes six month and yearly employee performance appraisals.
· Follows Human Resource policies to implement positive disciplinary procedures when necessary.
· Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
· Collaborates with Patient Access Management on the recruitment and selection of qualified employment candidates, following all policies, guidelines and applicable laws.
· Timely termination of employees through HR Express and to set up exit interview with employee and HR partner
· Responsible for shift to shift operations in all Patient Access areas
· Maintains workflow, sets priorities and provides direction to Patient Access staff.
· Reassigns staff as needed to respond to registration volume demands and minimize patient delays.
· Manages call outs and finds adequate coverage for shift.
· Monitors the effectiveness of Patient Access registration policy and procedures.
· Holds staff accountable for adhering to standard registration work processes
· Required to participate in on-call coverage.
· Follows cash reconciliation processes for all patient payments
· Monitors Registration Quality and Compliance
· Conducts weekly/monthly quality audit for registration accuracy for staff
· Daily/weekly monitoring and reporting of department specific metric and organizational key performance indicators.
· Provides coaching and mentoring as needed to improve staff performance.
· Monitors Daily EPIC WQ’s, provides feedback and coaching to staff
· Corrects CHIME error reports twice a month by the submission deadlines.
· Conducts daily LEAN Huddles and maintains huddle board
· Promotes team engagement in the daily Huddles
· Educates team on concepts of LEAN Huddle Board and tools of LEAN
· Must remain current on LEAN certification
Training and Development
· Provides continuous education on identifying critical symptoms such as stroke, heart attack, suicidal, homicidal and any other life threatening conditions on arrival.
· Ensures HealthStream learnings are completed.
· Completes initial training for comprehension of essential job responsibilities and continuous training to remain proficient with front end enhancements to the registration process.
· Develop proficiencies in other areas of registration in order to provide additional support and coverage
· Performs daily rounding to teach, coach and mentor staff.
· Oversees supply management, budget, FTE reports.
· Helps with process improvement initiatives and decision making
· Actively participate in enhancing patient experience, quality control, risk connect and process improvement initiatives. Ensures regulatory compliance and assists with incident resolution, policies/procedures, emergency preparedness and regulatory compliance.
Performs other duties as directed and or required.
· Perform other duties as directed/required within the department and at an organizational level.
· Regularly assists/supports coworkers in every aspect of their duties.
Job Title of Individual(s) Reports To: Patient Access Manager
Job Title(s) of HHC positions reporting to this Job: PAS Registrar
# Direct Reports: 12-15
Requirements and Specifications:
· High school diploma/GED equivalent
o Four years of registration experience in a health care setting.
o 1 year experience as a department team lead or coordinator
o 1-2 years of management/supervisory experience.
o Four years of registration experience in a health care setting.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Supervisory experience with ability to lead, supervise, coordinate and hold multiple staff accountable
· Ability to adapt and work in a high pressure environment and exercise critical thinking skills.
· Ability to adapt and respond to constant changing work environment.
· Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently
· Requires organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multitask and delegate.
· Requires experience in self-directed activities and work teams
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.