Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. Backus is home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and is the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. The Hospital delivers and coordinates a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of its communities.
Emergency Department Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
Emergency Medicine Advanced Practitioners provide quality, holistic and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and others in a target population They participate in the medical management of patients, work to achieve and maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness. APP’s Engage in independent decision-making regarding the health care of individuals, families and groups across the lifespan and across the health care continuum.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare, newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Extremely competitive salary
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
· Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
· Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
· Exceptional physical assessment skills required.
· Attestation of stong assessment/diagnosis/treatment of health disruptions and trauma conditions. Suturing, minor surgical skills, splinting/casting, gyn exam (job or preceptorship experience). (New graduates with excellent clinical references)
· Required:1 year or more of experience in Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care
· Proficiency with minor surgical skills essential.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments, and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.