New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Advanced Practitioner Benefits:
The Central Region Hospitals of Hartford Healthcare are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their hospitalist team! The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will provide care for The Hospital of Central Connecticut, MidState Medical Center, and Bradley Memorial Hospital. The APP will provide cross coverage with a limited number of admissions for the Hospitalist Team. The APP is responsible for the clinical management of patients, assuring timely communication and comprehensive collaboration, and inpatient management and hospital-based medical care. There will be hospitalist physicians and APPs in-house to collaborate with.
Role: Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Location: New Britain and Meriden
Setting: Inpatient, hospitalist medicine
Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 4pm-12am.
Call schedule: No call
Hartford HealthCare supports Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in practice:
· Dedicated support and voice for our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants through the Office of Advanced Practice directed by Sarah Clark, MBA, MHS, PA-C, BSN, RN, System Director of Advanced Practice
· Hartford HealthCare is one of the largest, non-profit, fully-integrated healthcare systems providing patient care in the state, allowing our providers to care for their patients no matter where they reside in Connecticut
· With tools like EPIC, Hartford HealthCare’s state of the art clinical and informatics technology promotes improved patient outcomes, streamlined continuity of care and superior provider satisfaction
About The Hospital of Central Connecticut:
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital with campuses in New Britain and Southington. While Advance Practice Practitioners and residents work collaboratively, each runs a separate surgical service. The focus of the resident (Red Team) service is on community elective and emergency surgery. With Level III Trauma designation, the referral base of the THOCC has expanded, so has patient volume and acuity.
About MidState Medical Center:
Serving the community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for its patients, community, and employees alike. Earning top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, MidState provides the highest quality level of care while also being the only hospital in Connecticut to offer all private patient rooms and free parking for all patients and staff.
About Hartford HealthCare:
· Honored as a “Best Organizations for Leadership Development” by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL)
· Prestigiously named one of the “Best Hospitals to Work for in Connecticut” by the Becker's Hospital Review
· Committed to continuous development through The Center for Education Stimulation & Innovation (CESI), our Provider Leadership Development Institute and a robust on demand learning platform including CME, special courses, learning series and tools and resources
· Established Mentorship and Orientation programs specially designed for newly hired providers and providers new to practice
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners perform routine physical examinations, and formulate medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patients.
In consultation with the physician(s) and care team members, Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners develop plans for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists.
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners provide appropriate treatment for problems within the scope of the provider’s practice as designated by protocols and identifies problems outside of their scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
Interested candidates please contact Jennifer Straka, Advanced Practice Recruiter, at [email protected] or 860-996-4441