St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees and is a 473-bed Magnet recognized community teaching hospital. It includes a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. We pride ourselves on a culture of inclusivity, service and teamwork which extends throughout the department, from Providers who staff the unit 24/7 to our Unit Secretaries and Techs, who provide invaluable services to our patients.
Performs administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
· Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
· Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol.
· Types various reports and documents for unit staff.
· Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
· Carries out unit specific clerical functions including but not limited to time keeping, recording, reporting and distribution meeting minutes.
· Obtains a variety of needed items necessary in order to facilitate patient care.
· Assists with all aspects of patient thru put.
· Other Duties as assigned
· High School Diploma/GED required
· Previous Healthcare or Medical Secretary Experience preferred.
· 1-2 years of previous secretarial/clerical experience required.
· PC skills and knowledge of medical terminology required.
· Ability to work under pressure and deadlines and balance multiple priorities required.
· Excellent communication skills
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.