MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Medical Technologist will work in our outpatient infusion center performing, interpreting and correlating clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in the physician diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
· Performs, interprets, and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols of the different analytes.
· Reviews the results of different tests and determines patterns, trends. Reports accurate results. Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken. Expected to utilize complex problem-solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems.
· Provides technical education and guidance to students and staff by overseeing work performance in support of educational programs resulting in a continuous learning environment
· Operates and maintains instruments in proper working order. Adheres to quality control protocols, policies and procedures. Participates in validation of new/existing assays and instruments. Troubleshoots and reports problems as needed.
· Assists in the specimen processing area as required.
· Participant in special projects/teams and performs other related duties as assigned within the scope of the position
• Bachelor's degree required
•. Certified or eligible for categorical certification in medical technology by a recognized certifying body
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.