Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals and tertiary care centers in New England. Our reputation for providing complex and innovated care to those in need is built on our four core values: integrity, caring, excellence and safety.
Hartford Hospital is an acute-care teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center that is a part of the fully integrated health system; Hartford HealthCare. Through its institute model, Hartford HealthCare offers the highest standards of care for cancer, heart and vascular services, neuroscience, orthopedics and urology. Our work is built on lean fundamentals, high reliability principles and dovetailed with support from our acute care organization and strengthened by the growth of our institutes. Job Summary:
You would be joining the Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford Hospital in the position of Nurse Manager on North 11. Your role, in partnership with the Nurse Director, would be to support the management, budgeting, staffing and patient care of one of the Neuroscience Nursing units. Our work centers around a shared governance philosophy and our home grown nursing professional practice model serves as a framework by which nursing care is delivered. By practicing within this model, we ensure that our practice is consistent across all specialties and that goals are clearly defined. The care that we provide is centered on enhancing the human health experience and supported by the following elements of nursing that align with our leadership behaviors; science, ethics, advocacy and art. The requirements of this position include 24 hour accountability for managing resources (human, material and financial), to ensure quality, cost-effective delivery of patient services for specific patient populations, in a defined area across the continuum. This is accomplished by direct action, delegation, coaching and support of unit-based shared governance councils. Reports to Director of Nursing for the Ayer Neuroscience Institute. Job Responsibilities:
• The Manager establishes and maintains a therapeutic and safe environment that facilitates and supports Health Care Team practice, based upon current standards and research, in order to achieve appropriate patient outcomes.
• Participates in planning and ensuring effective staff selection, availability and support to meet the needs of the patient population.
• Utilizes approaches and strategies that support positive patient care outcomes in a managed care environment.
• Seeks and utilizes information (including research findings) and systems in order to optimize quality and control costs.
• In collaboration with Director, establishes, develops, and maintains effective relationships, working agreements and quality partnerships, to secure resources to support patient care and to assure compliance with current standards relevant to the patient population.
• Assesses staff performance against objectives; coaches, mentors, develops and evaluates employees to achieve behaviors aligned with the organization's vision, mission and values, in a continuous learning environment.
• Creates an enhanced coaching atmosphere which is necessary for shared governance to be implemented throughout the unit.
• Works collaboratively with Director to develop, implement and manage a budget which supports organizational objectives.
• Provides clinical leadership through role modeling professional practice behaviors and maintain role accountabilities at the level of RN Advanced.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
• Current Connecticut Registered Nurse license required.
• Bachelor's degree required.* Master's degree preferred. One degree must be in Nursing.
• Certification in nursing administration is required within 5 years of assuming position.
• Minimum 3 years relevant clinical experience.
• CPR certification preferred.
• Demonstrated progressive leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
*Exceptions to the educational requirement will be evaluated on an individual basis. For example, a strong candidate in the process of completing the educational requirement will be considered. Continued progress toward completion of the educational requirement within five years will be required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.