Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Benefits:
Hartford Healthcare is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Surgical Critical Care team at Backus Hospital. The Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) will be an essential part of the multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for complex surgical and trauma patients in the critical care and stepdown units at Backus Hospital. The APP will be expected to function independently with support, rounding and performing procedures on SICU and surgical stepdown patients while the acute care surgeon is available by phone.
Role: Open to Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
Location: 326 Washington Street, Norwich, 06360
Setting: Inpatient, surgical critical care
Schedule: Full-time, three 13.5 hr shifts. Rotating days/nights, weekends/holidays
Hartford HealthCare supports Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in practice:
· Dedicated support and voice for our for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants through the Office of Advanced Practice directed by Sarah Clark, MBA, MHS, PA-C, BSN, RN, System Director of Advanced Practice
· Hartford HealthCare is one of the largest, non-profit, fully-integrated healthcare systems providing patient care in the state, allowing our providers to care for their patients no matter where they reside in Connecticut
· With tools like EPIC, Hartford HealthCare’s state of the art clinical and informatics technology promotes improved patient outcomes, streamlined continuity of care and superior provider satisfaction
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants perform routine physical examinations, and formulate medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patients.
In consultation with the physician(s) and care team members, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants develop plans for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists.
Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants provide appropriate treatment for problems within the scope of the provider’s practice as designated by protocols and identifies problems outside of their scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
About Hartford HealthCare:
· Honored as a “Best Organizations for Leadership Development” by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL)
· Prestigiously named one of the “Best Hospitals to Work for in Connecticut” by the Becker's Hospital Review
· Committed to continuous development through The Center for Education Stimulation & Innovation (CESI), our Provider Leadership Development Institute and a robust on demand learning platform including CME, special courses, learning series and tools and resources
· Established Mentorship and Orientation programs specially designed for newly hired providers and providers new to practice